Here are some quick highlights on the new reassignment plan.
It calls for moving 25,486 students over the next three years, down from 26,771 in the draft proposal. There are a lot of changes.
A PDF overview will be posted online at www.wcpss.net later this evening. The full detailed plan that you normally look for online won't be up until 10 a.m. Saturday.
Some changes from the draft include:
• Not reassign students from attendance nodes 091, 124, 131, 159 and 160 from Broughton to Sanderson High School. (Only node 144 is still in the plan.)
• Reassign to Broughton all the nodes that were originally going to move from Panther Creek High to Leesville Road High.
• Only reassign nodes 245.5, 324.2 and 337.3 from Leesville Road High to Millbrook High, significantly less than originally proposed.
• Reassign nodes 381.4/5/6/8 and 371.6 to Salem Middle rather than East Cary in 2010. They’re now at Davis Drive Middle.
• Reassign Node 94 to Underwood Elementary from Conn Elementary.
• Reassign areas along Harrison Avenue to Cary High instead of to Athens Drive High.
• Not reassign nodes 657.1 and 657.2 from Green Hope High to Cary High.
• Don’t reassign nodes 381.1 and 381.7 from Apex High to Cary High.
Click here for the overview of the plan.