Asst. Supt. Chuck Dulaney told the school board today his staff is recommending these changes to the reassignment plan:
* Change the year-round application school for nine traditional calendar base nodes assigned to Lincoln Heights and Holly Ridge from Holly Grove Elementary to Herbert Akins Road Elementary.
* Move Lacy Elementary students to Root Elementary in 2009 instead of 2010.
* Move the Panther Creek High students to Cary High in 2009 instead of 2010.
* Mode Node 658 from Green Hope High to Cary High in 2009 and not 2011.
* Move nodes 441.1, 441.2, 441.3, 441.4, 442.1, 442.2. 442.3 and 446 from Carnage Middle to Dillard Drive Middle in 2009 and not 2010.
* Don’t reassign nodes 580, 579 and 7 from Athens Drive High to Cary High.
* Don’t reassign nodes 161 and 231 from Forestville Road Elementary to Lockhart Elementary.
* Don’t change the traditional-calendar option for Barwell Road Elementary to Creech Road Elementary from Forestvile Road Elementary.
* Don’t move nodes 322.1 and 338.1 from Jeffreys Grove Elementary to Baileywick Road Elementary.
* Don’t reassign nodes 497.2 and 497.3 from Smith Elementary to Middle Creek Elementary. Don’t change the year-round application option for those nodes from Timber Drive Elementary.
* Don’t move node 448.1 from Middle Creek Elementary to Banks Elementary. Leave Swift Creek Elementary as the traditional-calendar option.
* Change the traditional-calendar option for Vance Elementary and West Lake Elementary to Vandora Springs Elementary from Smith Elementary in 2011.
* Don’t move node 743 from Garner High to Middle Creek High. Change the node's middle school assignment from North Garner Middle to East Garner Middle instead of moving it to West Lake Middle.
Dulaney said the changes were made because of feedback from parents.
The board hasn't voted yet on those changes today.