Four hours later, the school board has made $39 million in cuts to the budget.
Some results include larger class sizes now more likely this fall, fewer dollars for school instructional supplies and no expansion in AG or foreign language programs. But school employees will keep their dental benefits and teachers won't have their suoplements frozen at 2007-08 dollars.
The board also took no action today on mediation after discussing it again in closed session.
Click here for the list of cuts presented by staff today.
Here are the changes the board made to the list to get to $39 million:
* Saved the Alternative Schools Capacity and Space
* Saved Evaluation of Prorgrams - Curriculum Management Audit
* Changed the 1 percent salary increase for non-certified employees to an increase of 0.5 percent.
* Rejected the recommendation from commissioners to add back the one-quarter percent increase to the local salary supplment for teachers.
* Eliminated the WCPSS Self-Insurance Dental Plan Increase (it's still being funded but will be from a different area)
* Eliminated freezing local supplements to the dollar value of the 2007-08 pay schedule.
* Dropped eliminating employee matching contribution to the employee dental insurance benefit.
* Changed the ADM Teacher formula for a savings of $2.5 million instead of the proposed $3.2 million gain.
* Eliminated reduction of Intervention funding.