Andrea Weigl, food writer, wrote:
Thanks to everyone who sent in information about social run clubs which gather at a local bar or restaurant to go out for a run and then enjoy a beer, margarita or glass of wine. Here's the weekly schedule:
- 6 p.m. Nog Run Club, sponsored by Fleet Feet, meets weekly at Tir Na Nog Irish Pub for 3, 4, 5 and 6-mile runs through downtown Raleigh followed by a $1 pasta buffet and beer specials. For more information, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/nOgRunClub/
- 6 p.m. Rockfish Grill and Carolina Brewing Co. sponsor a weekly run club that starts at Rockfish Grill at Durham's Streets of Southpoint. They do 2-mile, 5k and 8k runs and end with $2.50 draft beer specials. For more information, go to http://www.meetup.com/TriBeer/events/75584942/.
- 6 p.m. Natty Greene's Run Club, sponsored by TrySports, hosts a weekly 1-mile walk or a 2.5-mile or 5-mile run followed by a free taco bar and $2 beers.
- 6:30 p.m. Raleigh Running Outfitters sponsors a weekly run at Bottle Revolution in Raleigh in preparation for the City of Oaks marathon.
- 7 p.m. Big Boss Beer Run Club meets every week for 5k and 4, 5 and 6-mile routes on the Raleigh Greenway. For updates, check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/207706669260119/ (They plan to add a Saturday run starting in November.)
- 6 p.m. Fullsteam Ahead Run Club meets each week at Fullsteam Brewery for 3 or 4-mile runs through downtown Durham. For more information, go to http://www.bullcityrunning.com/events/fullsteam-ahead-run-club/
- 6 p.m. runners gather at Centro in downtown Raleigh for a weekly run through the Oakwood neighborhood followed by $5 taco bar and $5 margaritas.
- 6 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month, runners gather at InsideOut Sports off Cary Parkway in Cary, go for a 5-mile run and then enjoy a glass of wine at Sip, a Wine Store, which is in the same shopping plaza.
- 6:15 p.m. Bottle Revolution Run Club hosts a weekly run club that starts from the beer store at 4025-105 Lake Boone Trail in Raleigh.
- 6:30 p.m. Fleet Feet sponsors a weekly pub run starting at Tyler's Taproom in Carrboro with 3-mile or 5-mile runs. For more information, go to http://www.fleetfeetcarrboro.com/community/pub-runs.
- 6 p.m. Wake Forest Area Runners (WFAR) meet weekly at Cellar 275 in the Factory in Wake Forest. (1839 S. Main St.) Here is their website: http://wakeforestarearunners.com/
- 6 p.m. Bull City Track Club meets every the first and third Thursdays of the month at City Beverage in Durham. For more information, go to http://bullcitytrackclub.blogspot.com/2012/06/1st-and-3rd-thursdays-at-city-beverage.html
- 7 p.m. River Run Club meets each week at Nantucket Grill at 1145 Falls River Ave. They enjoy 3, 4 or 5 mile runs. Here is their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/RiverRunClub
Plus, the Triangle's chapters of the Hash House Harriers meet at different locations and at different times for running and drinking. There are two chapters: Sir Walter's Hash House Harriers (http://swh3.com) and the Carolina Larrikins (www.carolinalarrikins.com.)
If I missed any groups, please let me know. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org