Sony showed off its upcoming PlayStation 4 Wednesday night - sort of. They did not unveil the console, but did demonstrate what it's capable of. Few details on pricing and availability were revealed, but Sony hinted it would be less than the PS3 when it debuted in 2006 at $500 for the lower cost version. It should be available for the holiday season this year.
- Price unknown, but likely under $500.
- Available by the 2013 holiday season.
- Size and color will be comparable to previous consoles.
- New controller resembles the current one, but has a touchpad and a "share" button.
- iOS and Android devices can be a second controller.
- Gamers can remotely control games that their friends are playing to assist.
- Social media and remote capabilities.
- Video and screenshot sharing.