Facebook has 1 billion users around the world, and the social media website can be an effective way for small-business owners to target customers.
According to Peter Weedfald, author of “Green Reign Leadership,” there are 10 principles needed to succeed on Facebook. Here they are:
1. Keep customer conversations fresh and relevant, and update them daily.
2. Focus heavily on customers who “like” your page. Accept messaging, engagements and offers.
3. Deliver a clear mission statement that includes what you offer and where you’re located.
4. Project value. Provide relevant content, time sensitive coupons and reward programs.
5. Build a community of fans with discussion boards, surveys and reviews.
6. Create a referral benefit program for fans who engage with your business.
7. Enlist RSS feeds from your blogs and Twitter account inserting content directly into your Facebook page.
8. Link your company’s Facebook page on your company website and outgoing emails.
9. Introduce physical customers to your Facebook site.
10. Thank your customers by highlighting them – add photos that their friends and neighbors can see.