The holiday season is the busiest time of the year for a lot of small businesses. Here are tips from the Small Business Administration on how to get the most from holiday shoppers.
- Revamp your website so it's easy for customers to find products. Label and categorize items or highlight specific products through email and social media.
- Offer special deals and make gift suggestions early in the shopping season. Establish deadlines for deals and sales.
- Set deadlines for shipping. This will encourage shoppers to make purchases instead of waiting.
- Promote your brand through creativity. Through email or social media, have customers take action by offering daily deals or market using a holiday countdown.
- Offer deals on shipping for last-minute shoppers.
- Remind customers that they are running out of time to shop for the holidays.
- Give customers ideas on last-minutes gifts and impulse buys.
- Motivate your customers to go into your store by offering store-only promotions.
- Remind customers - especially last-minute shoppers - that you offer gift cards and downloadable e-gift cards.
- Offer specials or unique customer service incentives on Dec. 22, the last Saturday, before Christmas.
- Restaurant owners should promote party deals during slow nights.
- Encourage restaurant customers to reserve tables before and after peak hours. Also, offer New Year's Eve bar specials to keep customers around after they've finished dinner.
Read more here.