A total of 58 teams entered the 3rd Annual Deep Creek Lures Bass Challenge held out of Ledge Rock landing on June 6. Thirty-three out of the 58 teams weighed 113 keeper bass and over 300 bass were caught. Three over 7 pounds were landed. The winning team landed their fish on 10-inch Deep Creek Lures Henry's Worm in "hot strawberry" color, along with Poe's crankbaits.
1. Dennis Allen, Travis Allen, Four Oaks, five bass, 22.55 pounds, $1,960
2. Kenny Allen, Raleigh, and Bruce Hoadley, Raleigh, five bass, 22.07 pounds, $545
3. Alan Thomerson, Creedmoor, and Adam Haithcock, Creedmoor, five bass, 20.25 pounds, $460
4. Barry Kleinfelter, Stem, and James Seabolt, Dunn, five bass, 18.60 pounds, $417
5. Chad Craven, Raleigh, and Ben Cannon, Apex, five bass, 16.17 pounds, $375
6. Todd Sumner, Southern Pines, and Vernon Fleming, Raleigh, five bass, 15.78 pounds, $334
7. Dan Glosson, Rougemont, and Phillip Eakes, Bahama, four bass, 15.54 pounds, $292
8. Michael Carden, Timberlake, and Johnny Wilder, Butner, five bass, 15.51 pounds, $250
9. Lee Williams, Durham, and Scott Smith, Apex, five bass, 15.49 pounds, $209
10. Jay Garrard, Durham, and Mark Herndon, Bahama, five bass, 15.16 pounds, $188
11. Jaime Fajardo, Fuquay-Varina, and Greg Griffin, Holly Springs, five bass, 14.72 pounds, $146
Big Fish Award - Kleinfelter, Seabolt, 7.59 pounds, $580 plus the Deep Creek Lures Bonus of $150 for a total of $730.
Next tournaments June 20th at Jordan Lake. Go to www.piedmontcrappieclassics.com