Katy Nash's shop is Sweetgrass Prints. Here are five things about Katy:
1. I live with my husband and two young kids in Apex. I am currently a stay-at-home mom, but prior to moving here two years ago from Boston, I called corporate America home 5 days a week. I am now fortunate enough to able to spend more time with my kids and work on my art.
2. I started Sweetgrass Prints in March 2008, after listening to my husband constantly tell me to get out there and sell my cards. All I needed was the first sale to give me the confidence that this was worth pursuing. Now, I use what ever free moments I have to create, organize, and research. It has been a way to fulfill my entrepreneurial spirit.
3. I get my inspiration from everything around me. It is the day to day things I encounter that give me ideas for my cards. I am constantly tearing out pages from fashion and decorating magazines and jotting down notes on random receipts from my purse. These ideas eventually turn into my next project.
4. My style is a bit preppy. I think I break the stereotype because I love bright colors and bold designs. My taste in music, art and design is very eclectic and I think shows in my shop.
5. I am very excited about the fall and holiday season. I am adding new designs everyday and I think my shop has something for everyone. I am also going to venture into the world of craft fairs and hope to be out and about in the Triangle art scene this year.