Do you have stuff you've been meaning to donate, but don't feel like driving all over town to get it to the corresponding nonprofit?
The Triangle Reuse Alliance, in cooperation with Habitat for Humanity ReStore, is making it easy by bringing nonprofits together in one location for the Raleigh Reuse Rodeo on May 21.
This event is the second in a series by the Triangle Reuse Alliance to raise awareness about organizations that focus on reuse and to get members in the community to pull useful items out of storage where they can do some good in our community. Some of the items collected will go directly to those affected by the recent tornado.
Participating nonprofits include the ReStore, The Green Chair Project, The Kramden Institute, ReTails Thrift Shop, The Scrap Exchange and Wake Relief.
Here's what each organization will be collecting:
- The ReStore: new or used structurally sound building materials, flooring, tiles, wood and large appliances.
- The Green Chair Project: Gently used upholstered furniture, dressers, table and chairs. Please do not bring mattresses.
- The Kramden Institute: computer equipments and parts, including laptops 800 MHz and faster; desktop computers 1 GHz and faster; LCD displays in working condition with power supplies; hard drives, 20 GB and larger; memory, 256 MB and larger; optical drives, CD/CDRW/DVD/DVDRW; USB flash (thumb) drives; clean and working non-beige mice/keyboards; computer speakers, clean working with power supplies. Please do not bring CRT monitors.
- ReTails Thrift Shop: housewares and furniture, including garden furniture, decorative garden pieces, tableware, cookware, decorative pieces, small appliances, cd, dvd, stereos, cassette players and radios
- The Scrap Exchange: fabric, sewing notions such as thread, needles and buttons, yarn, craft/art supplies, corks, bottle caps, twist ties, picture frames
- Wake Relief: canned goods, boxed macaroni & cheese and peanut butter. No glass containers will be accepted.
The event will take place at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 2420 Raleigh Blvd. in Raleigh from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 21.
Please make sure that all items are clean, in working order, and are appropriate for reuse. Please limit your donations to the items requested. Volunteers will be on hand to help you unload your donations if necessary.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jessica Moore at (919) 968-2788 or email email@example.com.