The Triangle Reuse Alliance and the City of Raleigh has teamed up to host the Raleigh Reuse Rodeo on Saturday, Oct. 15, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event, which will be held at Providence Baptist Church at 6339 Glenwood Ave., gives area residents the opportunity to bring reusable materials to one location for the benefit of several local nonprofits that are dedicated to reuse and waste reduction.
Six local organizations will be participating in the event:
- Book Harvest will collect gently used children's books
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina will collect nonperishable unopened food items
- Dorcas Ministries will accept gently used clothing, shoes, toys and small appliances
- The Scrap Exchange will accepting fabric, thread, needles, buttons, yarn, craft and art supplies
- Share our Shoes will accept any type of shoe no matter the condition
- The Bra Recyclers will accept all bras in good condition
Donated items must be clean, in working order, appropriate for reuse and limited to the items requested. Volunteers will be available for assistance to unload donations if needed.
If you would like to volunteer for the Reuse Rodeo, contact Jessica Moore at 919-682-2751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.