Residents of Durham can also wrangle up reusable goods to donate. The Triangle Reuse Alliance will host a Reuse Rodeo on Saturday, Oct. 15, in conjunction with the Raleigh event.
The Rodeo will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Scrap Exchange at 923 Franklin St. in Durham. Six organizations will be participating in the event:
- Book Harvest will collect gently used children's books for all ages.
- Durham Bike Co-op accepts used bikes and parts and gently used clothing.
- The Kramden Institute will collect computer equipment and parts including: laptops 800 MHz and faster; desktop computers 1 GHz and faster; LCD displays in working condition with power supplies; hard drives - 20 GB and larger; memory - 256 MB and larger; optical drives - CD/CDRW/DVD/DVDRW; USB flash (thumb) drives; clean and working non-beige mice/keyboards; clean working computer speakers with power supplies. Do not bring CRT monitors.
- The Scrap Exchange will accept fabric, sewing notions such as thread, needles and buttons, yarn, craft / art supplies, corks, bottle caps, twist ties and picture frames
- Share Our Shoes will collect any type of shoe, no matter the condition.
- TROSA will accept household furnishings and small appliances.
Donated items must be clean, in working order, and appropriate for reuse in the community.