Durham County will hold an E-Waste Recycling Event for residents and businesses to safely dispose of electronics in response to the recent electronics disposal ban.
The event will be held from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Aug. 13, at the Durham County Stadium at 402 Stadium Drive. It is co-sponsored by Creative Recycling Systems Inc.
Nearly all electronic devices with a cord are accepted. Items accepted include:
- Computers, laptops, keyboards, mouse, printers, monitors, speakers, copiers, scanners, circuit boards, hard drives, computer parts, etc.
- Televisions, stereo equipment, tape players, receivers, amplifiers, and record players
- Kitchen electronics, such as microwaves, mixers, blenders, choppers, etc.
- Telephones, cell phones, and fax machines
- Hair dryers, curling irons, alarm clocks, and vacuum cleaners
- Power tools, cordless tools, etc.
- Electronic toys, such as keyboards and video game systems
Large appliances, refrigerators, air conditioners or any other appliances that contain Freon will not be accepted.
For more information, contact solid waste program manager Brian Haynesworth at 919-560-0433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.