Our 2011 kick-off Triangle Foodie Tweet up is being hosted by Four Square Restaurant in Durham. The event will be from 4-6 p.m.Sunday, Feb. 20.
Like our last event, Four Square is normally closed on Sundays but is opening for us.They will be serving appetizers (sample menu below) and there will be a cash bar.
The concept for the tweet up will be a "Nose to Tail" extravaganza, showcasing a whole pig from Brinkley Farms. You pay $8.17 (which includes the Eventbrite and PayPal fees). Go HERE to buy tickets.
Justin Rakes, Chef de Cuisine at Four Square has designed an exciting menu. Here is a sample: (though subject to change).
- Crispy Ears with gribiche sauce
- Pig Head Terrine with horseradish
- Confit Shoulder Rillette
- Loin Porchetta
- Lardo and Olive Crostini
- Pork Butt braised in coconut milk and banana leaf with Thai garnishes
- Trotters stuffed with house Italian sausage
- Roasted Tail (Since there is only one, we may raffle it off for charity!)
- Crispy Belly with mustard and pickles
You do not have to be on Twitter to come to the event.
But if you are on Twitter, feel free to follow the discussion using this hashtag: #trifoodietweetup. Or follow the hostesses: Andrea Weigl, @andreaweigl, the food writer for The News & Observer, and Johanna Kramer, @durhamfoodie, whose blog can be found at http://johannakramer.com/, and the folks at Four Square, @foursquareNC
Again, go HERE to buy tickets.