Parker and Otis owner Jennings Brody said she hoped to reopen her Durham restaurant and gourmet food and wine store sometime between Feb. 4-6.
The store suffered a fire the day after Christmas, which was quickly subdued by a sprinkler system. A faulty light fixture is believed to blame.
After the fire, Brody reported that soot covered everything in the store and she was required to pitch all food products, including items in closed packaging.
On the bright side, Brody said, "The store will never be cleaner."
And Brody and her staff will take the next month to work out of her house on that perpetual to-do list that plagues every business owner. They will design new signs and test recipes, among other things.
Brody thanked the Durham Fire Department for their response to the fire and the store's loyal customers.
"The outpouring of support from our customers has been amazing," Brody said.