Each Thursday night, starting tonight, the Music Makers Relief Foundation will be showcasing blues musicians at Weaver Street Market in Hillsborough.
Here’s the schedule:
- Aug. 13, Cool John Ferguson will show off his left-handed guitar dexterity.
- Aug. 20, Abe Reid of Statesville will be playing harmonica and guitar.
- Aug. 27, Lightnin’ Wells will share his encyclopedic knowledge of the Piedmont blues.
- Sept. 3, Justin Robinson of the Carolina Chocolate Drops will play a rare solo show.
- Sept. 10, John Dee Holeman and Red Rover will perform.
The shows run from 6 p.m.-8 p.m. on each Thursday night in the store’s Lilac Lounge. The Hillsborough store is located at 228 S. Churton St.