Here is a more complete list of upcoming church supper fundraisers:
[If you are a church member and would like to get your event published in the paper or on this blog, please enter your church supper online. Here are the instructions: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/01/25/299308/put-your-event-on-our-calendar.html]
- 5-10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 781-4548, www.greekfestivalraleigh.com. The church hosts the 30th annual Greek Festival at the Exposition Center at the N.C. State Fairgrounds. $3 for general admission, $2 for seniors, children get in free. Food prices vary.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 5-8 p.m. Friday, New Community Church of Raleigh, 9621 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, 848-5017, www.nccraleigh.org. Barbecue pork or chicken, two sides, dessert and roll for $9, a family-size meal for $35, extra meat and sides available for purchase. This monthly event called Cook's Night Off happens every third Friday.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, St. Eugene Catholic Church, 365-7114, www.TheFoodFestival.com. The church hosts the ninth annual International Food and Music Festival at the J. Ashley Wall Towne Square at Cypress and Third streets in Wendell. Free admission. Food prices vary.
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 23, First United Methodist Church, 100 E. Green St. NE, Wilson, (252) 237-6121, www.fumcwilson.org; Barbecue pork and barbecue chicken or barbecue chicken plate with sides cost $7 each.
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 24, Woodland Baptist Church, 190 Woodland Church Road, Wake Forest, 556-5455, www.wbchurch.com. Barbecue pork or chicken plates for $10. Dine in or take out.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Oct. 7, Macedonia United Methodist Church, 2700 Jones Franklin Road, Cary, 851-1551, www.macedoniaumc.org; Barbecue pork or chicken with sides, dessert and tea for $8. Dine-in or take-out.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 4:30-6:30 p.m., Oct. 7, Glendale Heights United Methodist Church, 908 Leon St. Durham, 220-6138, http://
glendaleheightsumc.org, Fish fry: fried flounder, sides, drink and dessert; dine-in or take-out, $7 a plate.
- 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Oct. 7, Soapstone United Methodist Church, 12837 Norwood Road, Raleigh, 846-2212, www.soapstoneumc.org. Barbecue chicken or pork with sides cost $8 if tickets purchased by Oct. 6 (available from the church office) or $9 on day of event. Lunch from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., free delivery of 10 orders or more within a 10-mile radius of the church with advance purchase. Drive-through pickup available 2-7 p.m. and $7 pints of barbecue pork available starting at 2 p.m. while supplies last.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Oct. 7, St. John's Baptist Church, 1615 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, 832-5134, www.stjohnsbaptist.com. Barbecue pork and fried chicken plates with sides and desserts for $7.50 a plate, $8 for a pound of barbecue pork, dine in, take out or get lunch deliveries of five orders or more inside the Beltline. Catered by Bill's Barbecue of Wilson. The church does another semi-annual barbecue fundraiser the first Friday in May.
- 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 8, Fairmont United Methodist, 2501 Clark Avenue Raleigh, 832-3316, www.fairmontumc.org; Fall bazaar offering cakes, pies, bread, preserves, frozen meals as well as handmade crafts, pumpkins and mums for sale. Breakfast of homemade sausage and ham biscuits and barbecue lunch with all the fixings as well as vegetarian options served. Prices vary.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Oct. 14, Salem Baptist Church, 1821 N. Salem St., Apex, 362-7327, www.salem-bc.org. Barbecue chicken or pork with sides and dessert for $8. Church offers delivery of 10 orders or more at lunch.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Oct 14, St. James United Methodist Church, 3808 St. James Church Road, Raleigh, 876-5796, www.stjamesraleigh.org. Barbecue pork with sides, dessert and tea for $7.50. Free delivery of five or more orders within 20-mile radius of church. (Tea is not included with deliveries.)
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 15, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 221 Union St., Cary, 467-1477, www.stpaulscary.org. The church sells lobster, lobster rolls, chicken or chicken nugget plates from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Takeout plates available until 3 p.m. Or you can pick up live or cooked 1 1/2-pound lobsters until 4 p.m. Pre-orders and purchases recommended via www.lobsterfestcary.com.
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 29, Jonesboro United Methodist Church, 407 W. Main St., Sanford, 775-7023, www.jonesboroumc.org; Fall bazaar with these items for sale: canned goods, baked treats, orange cakes, cheese rings, pastry shells, chicken salad and vegetable beef soup. Breakfast and lunch available. Prices vary.
- 5-7 p.m. Oct. 29, Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, 4415 Pleasant Grove Church Road, Raleigh, 787-7763, http://pgumc.org/. Barbecue pork with sides and drink for $8 a plate. Drive-thru available.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4:30-7:30 p.m., Nov. 4, Hayes Barton Baptist Church, 1800 Glenwood Ave., Raleigh, 833-4617, www.hbbc.net. Barbecue chicken with sides and dessert for $9. The event is catered by Backyard Bistro. Dine in or take out. Delivery available at lunch for orders of 10 or more.
- 4-8 p.m. Nov. 4, Christ Episcopal Church,120 Edenton St., Raleigh, 834-6529, www.christchurchraleigh.org, Lobster Fest, $18 per lobster to takeout from 4-6 p.m. or $26 per plate to eat-in from 6-8 p.m. Email Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Proceeds benefit the Christ Church Parish Family Assistance Fund.
- 4-7:30 p.m. Nov. 5, Mount Carmel Baptist Church, 2016 Mount Carmel Church Road, Chapel Hill, 933-8565, www.mount-carmel-baptist.org. Barbecue pork and Brunswick stew dinner includes sides, dessert and drink for about $10 for adults and $6 for children for dine-in, which is all-you-can-eat. Drive-through take-out plates cost $9. The church also sells barbecue pork for $8 a pound, Brunswick stew for $8 a quart, hushpuppies or slaw for $3. The church also does a country breakfast from 7:30-11:30 a.m. Feb. 4 and another barbecue pork and Brunswick stew dinner from 4-7:30 p.m. March 17.
- 4-8 p.m. Dec. 1, Noon-9 p.m. Dec. 2, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 3, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 5000 Lead Mine Road, Raleigh, 781-4548, www.holytrinityraleigh.org. Holiday cafe offering plates of a Greek chicken or macaroni and beef dish with sides and desserts. Adult plates cost $13, children age 10 and under cost $5. A la carte offerings also available. This event coincides with pickup of pre-ordered sweet and savory Greek dishes.
- 2-3:30 p.m. Feb. 11, Lillington United Methodist Church, 1201 S. Main St., Lillington, 910-893-4811; Dessert buffet featuring layer cakes, pound cakes, cheesecakes and pies. $10 a ticket for a choice of three servings from those categories. Ticket sales are from Jan. 23 to Feb. 5.
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m. March 9, Windborne United Methodist Church, 9121 Six Forks Road, Raleigh, 386-0212, www.windborneumc.org. Barbecue plates with sides and a drink cost about $8 or a child's hot dog plate with sides and a drink for about $5. Prices may change. Dine in or take out. Timed to the ACC basketball tournament.
- 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m., June 1, Raleigh Moravian Church, 1816 Ridge Road, Raleigh, 787-4034, www.raleighmoravian.org. Barbecue plates with sides and dessert cost about $8 for adults, $3 for children, ages 6-12. Prices may change. Dine in or take out. Delivery available between 10:30 a.m.-noon. This event happens annually on the first Friday in June.
- 2-6 p.m., July 21, St. Paul AME Church, 402 W. Edenton St. Raleigh, 832-2709, www.stpaulamechurchraleighnc.org. The church's "Soul Food Throw Down" is $12 for an all-you-can-eat buffet offering fried chicken to ribs, sides and dessert. Price may change.