There are a few upcoming wine dinners and events to put on your calendar:
- 3Cups in Chapel Hill is offering a Jura wine class at 7 p.m. March 7. Jura wine is made in a region of France between Burgundy and Switzerland. The class costs $35. Go to www.3cups.net or call 968-8993 to reserve your spot.
- Herons restaurant at the Umstead Hotel and Spa in Cary is offering a four-course dinner at 6 p.m. March 12 featuring the wines of Heitz Cellar, a Napa Valley vineyard known for its cabernet sauvignon. The dinner costs $115 per person. To make a reservation, call 447-4000.
- Speaking of Herons, they are offering a cuisine and wine pairing class from 6-8 p.m. March 8 featuring pasta and wine. It costs $50. The other upcoming pairing classes include taco and wine on May 17, barbecue and wine on July 19, pizza and wine on Sept. 20 and champagne and caviar on Dec. 13.
- Raleigh's The Irregardless Cafe is offering a five-course wine dinner at 7 p.m. March 14. The "Savoring Local" themed-dinner features ingredients from many North Carolina farms. The menu is available at www.irregardless.com. The dinner costs $75 per person. Call 833-8898 for a reservation.
- The 1250 Heritage Restaurant at the Heritage Golf Club in Wake Forest is offering a four-course French wine dinner at 6:30 p.m. March 1. It costs $45 per person. For reservations, call 453-2020, ext. 12.