The Carolina Inn is offering Sushi Nights from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesdays in the Crossroads Bar. The BBQ eel and the Down South Wontons are intriguing.
The Inn's Martin Armes shares the menu:
There are five starters being offered:
- Edamame Salad, Mixed Peppers, Diakon Radish, Soy Sesame Vinaigrette for $5;
- Down South Wontons, Spicy Collard Greens, Shredded Pork, Buckwheat Noodle Salad, Miso Vinaigrette for $8;
- Crispy Calamari, Sweet Chili Glaze, Cabbage Slaw, Wasabi Aioli, Green Onion for $9;
- Tuna Tartare, Butter Lettuce, Hoisin BBQ Sauce, Avocado, Wasabi Drizzle for $10;
- Tamari and Ginger Grilled Salmon, Eel Sauce, Mesculin Greens, Julienne Red Pepper, Crispy Wontons tossed with Honey Miso Dressing for $16.
Five different rolls are featured:
- Carolina Inn Roll (Southern Shrimp Salad, Fried Green Tomatoes and Spicy Buttermilk Dipping Sauce) for $7;
- Spicy Tuna (Yellow Fin Tuna, Sriracha and Chili Powder) for $6;
- Inside Out Roll (BBQ Eel and Sliced Cucumber with Black & White Sesame Seeds and Eel Sauce) for $7;
- California Roll (Inside Out, Crabstick, Sliced Cucumber, Avocado and Tobiko) for $6;
- Tempura Roll (Salmon, Crabstick &, Tempura Fried with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce) for $7.
The two-piece menu features $2.50 selections of BBQ Eel (Unagi), Lemon Shrimp and Flying Fish Roe, $3 choices of Tuna, Salmon, Steel Head Trout and Cuttlefish and $4 offering of Abalone.