I know it's only Tuesday but it's never too soon to start planning for the weekend, particularly when those weekend plans involve a freebie as good as this one:
FREE admission to hundreds of museums across the country as part of Smithsonian magazine's Free Museum Day.
So here's your chance to go exploring at Tryon Palace in New Bern or check out the Miracle on the Hudon Airbus on exhibit at Carolina's Aviation Museum in Charlotte.
Or stick closer to home and visit the Ava Gardner Museum in Smithfield or take the kids to Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh.
All for FREE.
To give you an idea of just how good of a deal this is, here are just a few of the particpating museums and their regular admission prices:
- Ava Gardner Museum in Smithfield. Regular admission price: $7
- Tryon Palace in New Bern. Regular admission price: $15
- Children's Museum of Wilmington. Regular admission price: $8
- Marbles Museum in Raleigh. Regular admission price: $5
- Carolina's Aviation Museum in Charlotte. Regular admission: $11
Click here for a list of all museums particpating in Free Museum Day.
Once you've decided where you want to go, click on the ticket icon on the right-hand side of your screen. Your ticket, good for two people, will be emailed to you. You must print the ticket and present it at the museum for your free admission.