SavingStar.com, the digital coupon site, has issued several new offers, including one that's great for those of you who have a Kraft Macaroni & Cheese lover in the family.
Buy 15 boxes between now and and Oct. 10 and you'll get a $5 credit added to your SavingStar bank.
There are also new offers on Ziploc bags, Truvia, Dean's Dip, GUM products and magazines.
If you're not familiar with SavingStar, it's a digital coupon program that works at most supermarkets and drugstores that use loyalty cards to track customers purchases. Sign up at SavingStar.com, type in your store loyalty card numbers and you're ready to go.
At the store register, SavingStar coupons are NOT automatically deducted from your grocery order. Instead, the savings accrue in your SavingStar account. Once you've saved $5, you can have the cash deposited directly into your bank or PayPal account. Or you can choose an Amazon gift card or donate the money to charity.
If you've hesitated to sign up, here are a few of the reasons why I highly recommend it as an additional way to save money:
- The site is easy to use. Once you click on the coupons you want, they're good at any of the supermarkets and drugstores that use loyalty cards to track customers' purchases. (You can only use each coupon once, however.)
- You're done in seconds. No clipping or filing required.
- It's eco-friendly. If you don't end up using the coupons, you haven't wasted any paper or ink.
- You can stack these coupons with paper coupons and store-specific digital coupons to save even more.
- Your savings are easy to track. When you log in, you'll see your savings tally in the top right corner.
- Can't remember what coupons you selected? There's a free app for that. Download it to your smartphone and review your coupons or add new ones while you're in the store.
Over the last several months, I've saved more than $20 using SavingStar, which I'm redeeming for electronic Amazon gift cards. It's not a huge amount of money, but a nice little bonus that required almost no effort on my part.
In the Triangle, six stores are participating in SavingStar: CVS, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Lowes Foods and Rite Aid.