Restaurants looking to snatch at least a sliver of your holiday budget are taking their sales pitches straight to your stomach.
Buy one of their gift cards and they'll give you a free meal on the spot.
So far, I've spotted these deals:
- Taco Bell: Buy a $20 gift card and get a FREE chicken flatbread sandwich combo.
- Sweet Tomatoes: Buy a $50 gift card and get a FREE meal.
- Subway: Buy a $25 gift card, get a FREE 6-inch sandwich.
A few other restaurants are offering deals that require delayed gratification:
- Mimis Cafe: Buy a $25 gift card and get a $5 coupon off a future meal.
- Boston Market: Buy a $25 gift card and get a $5 bonus card.
- Carrabba's: But $100 in gift cards, get a $20 bonus card. Plus, you'll be entered in a drawing to win $5,000.
Deal idea: Ask if you can split the required gift card amount into smaller denominations. Instead of one $25 Subway gift card, for instance, you might be able to get five $5 gift cards to use as stocking stuffers or small gifts for teachers, friends or coworkers.
Please post any other gift card deals you spot!