Terrific news in coupon land.
Harris Teeter will offer a Super Double coupon event starting this Wednesday, Aug. 8.
The special promotion will run for seven days and include coupons up to $2 in value.
That means a $2 coupon will be worth $4 off -- a hugely generous discount.
As most of you know, I've been on vacation for more than a week so I'll be posting a list of freebies and good deals just as quickly as possible. What a welcome back for me.
In the meantime, I recommend:
- Getting your coupon organizer up to date, clipping new coupons and purging any expired ones.
- Scanning the online sites for coupons to print. Look for coupons for $1, $1.50 and $2 off a single item.
- Loading digital coupons from the Harris Teeter website onto your loyalty card. These e-vic coupons can be "stacked" or combined with a paper coupon for additional savings.
- Loading digital coupons from SavingStar.com onto your loyalty cards. These coupons may also be used with paper coupons for extra savings.
And finally, here are a few tips and a review of Harris Teeter's Super Double couponing rules:
- You may super double up to 20 coupons per day per household. No more than three identical coupons. No more than two identical Internet coupons. Coupons with a face value of up to and including $2 will double. That means a $1.50 coupon will double to $3. A $2 coupon will double to $4. A $2.50 coupon is still worth $2.50.
- If you want to score the best deals, I recommend arriving at your store about 6:30 a.m. That will give you a half hour to shop and you'll be ready to check out at 7 a.m. when the promotion officially begins.
- Don't expect your "DO NOT Double/Triple" coupons to Super Double. Harris Teeter's policy states the chain won't double them. If one happens to double, consider it a bonus.