A Southern Season runs a series of cooking classes featuring local chefs. So if you want to learn how to cook the food served at your favorite local restaurants, here are a few upcoming classes:
- Chef Masa Tsujimura of Raleigh's Waraji will be teaching a sushi class at 2 p.m. Jan. 16. The class costs $50.
- Chefs Alex Gallis of Cypress on the Hill in Chapel Hill and Chef Jeremy Blankenship of Tyler's Taproom in Carrboro are teaching together at 6 p.m. Jan. 31. The class costs $40.
- Chef Mel Melton of Papa Mojo's Roadhouse in Durham will cook as well as perform with his band, The Wicked Mojos. That class will be 2 p.m. Feb. 27. It costs $45.
- Jamil Kadoura, the gracious owner of Chapel Hill's Mediterranean Deli, will be there at 6 p.m. Mar. 8. The class costs $30.
- Justin Cole, the young new executive chef at La Residence in Chapel Hill, will be teaching at 6 p.m. March 14. The class costs $40.
To reserve your spot in any of these classes, call 929-7133 or go to www.southernseason.com