Southern Living magazine is running a contest to let readers decide the "Tastiest Town in the South." Right now, Durham is in the lead with Memphis right beside. For much of the voting, it was between Durham and Asheville.
That dead heat convinced chef Justin Rakes to organize a dinner featuring chefs from both North Carolina towns. At 7 p.m. Sunday at Durham's Four Square Restaurant, diners can enjoy a six-course meal prepared by these chefs:
- Jacob Sessoms of Table in Asheville.
- Brian Canipelli of Cucina 24 in Asheville.
- Justin Rakes and Scott Martin of soon to open Salted Pig (Rakes is the former chef de cuisine at Four Square. Rakes is being tight-lipped at the moment about his next venture, the Salted Pig, but I will share details as I learn them.)
- Matt Kelly of Mateo in Durham.
- Shane Ingram of Four Square in Durham.
Tickets cost $75 per person. Wine pairings will be made available by Four Square
Sommelier Brandon Carr. Reservations can be made online at opentable.comor by phone 919-401-9877.
Be sure to cast your vote for your favorite Southern town. Voting ends Feb. 28. To vote, go HERE.