If I didn't have plans Thursday night, I'd be headed to Mo's Diner in downtown Raleigh for this enchanting five-course meal with wine pairings for only $69.
They're are going to turn off the lights and let diners eat by candlelight, which will be beautiful in this cute old house turned into a restaurant. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.
The menu includes:
- Sweet potato latkes with house-made applesauce and sour cream paired with Jolivet Sancerre
- Seafood bisque made with lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp, dill and sherry paired with Vincent Marie Antoinette Pouilly Fuisse
- Warm duck salad made with autumn greens and a cherry brown butter vinaigrette paired with Louis Jadot Cuvee Margot Bourgogne Rouge
- Grilled dry rubbed filet mignon with oven roasted wild mushroom and a port jus paired with Jaboulet Parallel 45 Cotes du Rhone
- White chocolate-pistachio bread pudding with warm whiskey sauce and chantilly cream
Without the wine, dinner costs only $39. Call 856-9938 to make a reservation.
If you'd like to read about the late Chef Hamid Mohajer, please read this story.