Six Triangle restaurants are finalists in this year's Best Dish in North Carolina contest, sponsored by the N.C. Department of Agriculture.
In the casual dining category, those include Mez in Durham, Market in Raleigh and Tribeca Tavern in Raleigh. In the fine dining category, those include Il Palio at the Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill, McCormicks & Schmicks in Raleigh and Zely & Ritz in Raleigh.
The contest is designed to encourage restaurant owners and chefs to use N.C. foods. Judges will visit the finalists over the summer and taste the dishes. The top three winners in each category and in each region will be announced in November.
Congrats to all our finalists.
The complete list of finalists is below:
- Mez Contemporary Mexican Restaurant, Durham
- Circa 81, Morehead City
- Market, Raleigh
- Tribeca Tavern, Raleigh
- Kornerstone Bistro, Wilmington
- Yancey House Restaurant, Yanceyville
- Il Palio at The Siena Hotel, Chapel Hill
- 1895 Grille, Pinehurst
- Elliott's on Linden, Pinehurst
- McCormicks & Schmicks Seafood Restaurant, Raleigh
- Zely and Ritz, Raleigh
- Marc's on Market, Wilmington
- Deluxe, Wilmington
- Circa 1922, Wilmington
Western Piedmont/Mountain region
- Off the Square, Albemarle
- Bistro 42, Asheboro
- Café Azalea, Asheville
- Kitchen Roselli, East Bend
- Crippen's Country Inn and Restaurant, Blowing Rock
- Table at Crestwood, Boone
- The Gallery Restaurant at the Ballantyne Resort, Charlotte
- Mimosa Grill, Charlotte
- Savannah Red, Charlotte
- Zebra Restaurant, Charlotte
- Knife & Fork, Spruce Pine
- Simplicity at the Mast Farm Inn, Valle Crucis