Tonight's wine dinner sold out so Chef Charlie Deal added a second night Thursday.
What:Some Killer Wines from Argentina dinner
When: 7 p.m. Thursday, March 25
Cost: $45 per person
How to make reservation: Call 960-0555
Here's what Deal wrote about the event in his newsletter: "Now, I don’t need to tell anyone that Argentina has been producing great value wines for some time, but in keeping with my first point of this newsletter, I really do think the wine drinker is handsomely rewarded for moving up to the next price tier. For instance, you swap a totally agreeable Chardonnay for something profoundly delicious like the Catalpa Chard we’re going to pour in this meal. The reds start behaving like Napa juice that you’d have to pay 3x the price for. These Zuccardi reds are getting rave reviews from the talking heads and I can’t help but agree with them. The tempranillo, in particular, is just beautiful."
Here is the menu:
- Salad of celery, strawberries, and fresh ricotta with honey vinaigrette; Served with 2009 Barricas Torrontes
- Seared large sea scallop with turnip sformatto, carrot-ginger coulis and cilantro; Served with 2009 Catalpa “Alto Tupungato” Chardonnay
- Grilled pork skewers with cucumber salad and peanut sauce; Served with 2008 Catalpa Old Vines Malbec
- Five-spice egg noodle soup with shredded duck and shiitake mushrooms; Served with 2007 Zuccardi Q Malbec
- Roasted lamb with black olives, roasted beets, and bulgar; Served with 2005 Zuccardi Q Tempranillo