Raleigh restaurants Gravy and Zely & Ritz have announced dinners highlighting the ultimate summer fruit.
Gravy is a offering a five-course tomato-centric menu at 6:30 p.m. July 24. The courses include:
- Tomato and cucumber gazpacho with N.C. blue crab, spicy pepper, cilantro and olive oil.
- Tomatoes, pole beans, pimento cheese fritter, fresh basil leaves, sea salt and tomato powder.
- Western Kentucky-style barbecue-glazed, smoked and slow-roasted heritage pork belly, silver queen corn and heirloom tomatoes.
- Tomato panzanella salad with herb-roasted chicken leg, farro, shell beans, La Farm Bakery country bread, aged balsamic and olive oil.
- Tomato pie with Gravy’s house-made mozzarella, house-made pastry crust and oregano.
Tickets cost $50 per person. Call 919-896-8513 for a reservation. Info: gravyraleigh.com
Zely & Ritz is offering a series of tomato dinners. Reservations are available for the 7 p.m. dinners on July 18, July 24, July 25 and July 31.
The five-course menu includes optional wine pairings. The courses are:
- Tomato and vegetable gazpacho finished with basil oil.
- Heirloom tomatoes (Cherokee Purple, German Green, Chocolate Stripe, Persimmon, Virginia Sweets & Richard’s Black) with Chapel Hill Creamery fresh mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil and sweet balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Assorted heirloom tomatoes stuffed with rabbit and sweet corn and served with creamy sweet corn risotto.
- Beef ribeye roasted with caramelized onions and tomato guts, served with grilled eggplant, grilled squash and roasted new potatoes.
- Sungold tomato panna cotta for dessert.
Tickets cost $49 per person or $75 per person with wine pairings. Call 919-828-0018. Info: zelyandritz.com