Chapel Hill's Foster's Market is hosting a "porkapalooza" dinner at 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The pork from Cane Creek Farm in Alamance County will be featured in each of the courses:
- pork rillettes and country pate with crostini.
- house-smoked ham hock and split pea soup.
- a buffet of entrees: housemade Italian sausage with peppers and onions; porchetta; and braised pork with plums, sage and onions.
- sides: wilted kale and spinach with a warm bacon dressing; creamy polenta; and apple sauce.
- for dessert: caramelized apple upside down cornbread cake with maple bacon ice cream.
The cost is $25 per person. Reservations are required; call 919-967-3663.