Top Chef Texas finalist Lindsay Autry (pictured at right) is coming to Cary to cook a special dinner on Sept. 7.
Autry will cook with her former co-worker, Steven Devereaux Greene, the executive chef at An New World Cuisine in Cary.
Autry and Greene worked together in Charleston, S.C. and Greenville, S.C. Autry most recently worked as an executive chef at one of James Beard-award-winning chef Michelle Bernstein's restaurants in Florida. Autry, a Fayetteville native, was a contestant on Top Chef Texas.
The five-course meal with wine pairings will cost $125 per person, not including tax or gratuity. The menu includes:
- Amberjack crudo with celery salad, toasted soy, radish and ceviche vinaigrette.
- Butternut squash soup with lamb dumpling, pomegranate puree and curried crème fraiche.
- Grilled octopus with crispy bread, caper leaf remoulade and charred chickpeas.
- Berkshire pork loin and belly with Okinawan yam, romanesco sauce and cassia caramel.
- And for dessert, heirloom apple tart with wild huckleberry jam, sesame-walnuts and maple ice cream.
Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. Reservations are required. Call 919-677-9229.
(photo credit: photographer Alissa Dragun)