TerraVita, the annual food and beverage festival held at Chapel Hill’s Southern Village green, is next weekend.
The grand tasting is 1-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 and $65 tickets are still available. There are several other dinners and events on Thursday and Friday as well. To see a full schedule, go to terravitaevent.com.
As more incentive to attend the grand tasting event, the organizers are holding an auction full of prizes for food lovers to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. One hundred percent of the auction proceeds will go to the foundation. Among the items up for bid are:
- a tasting menu for two at Herons at Cary’s Umstead Hotel and Spa in Cary;.
- a five-course tasting menu with wine pairings for six people at Lantern restaurant in Chapel Hill.
- a five-course tasting menu with wine pairings for four people at An Cuisines restuarant in Cary.
- a full season subscription for Coon Rock Farm’s CSA, a visit and tour of the farm, and a tasting menu for four people at Piedmont restaurant in Durham.
- a pizza-making session with Phoebe Lawless at Scratch in Durham with wines paired by Jay Murrie from Piedmont Wine Imports.
- dinner for eight in your own home prepared by chef Charlie Deal, owner of Dos Perros in Durham and Jujube in Chapel Hill.
To see the entire list of auction items, go to terravitaevent.com/TerraVITA/CysticFibrosis.html