The lineup of chefs have been announced for next month’s Fire in the Triangle cooking competition. Here is a list of the competing chefs and when they are battling each other:
- July 8: chef John Childers of Herons at the Umstead Hotel and Spa in Cary vs. chef Jake Wolf of Capital Club 16 in Raleigh.
- July 9: chef Jason Cunningham of Washington Duke Inn in Durham vs. chef Brian Battistella of Battistella’s in Raleigh.
- July 10: chef Regan Stachler of Little Hen in Apex vs. chef Serge Falcoz-Vigne of 518 West in Raleigh.
- July 15: chef Dean Thompson of Flights at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel in Raleigh vs. chef James Clark of The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill.
- July 16: chef Scott James of Midtown Grille in Raleigh vs. chef Lemar Farrington of La Residence Restaurant & Bar in Chapel Hill.
- July 17: chef Chris Hill of The Oxford in Raleigh vs. chef Dan Yeager of Bia Restaurant in Raleigh.
- July 22: chef Chad McIntyre of Market Restaurant in Raleigh vs. chef Sokun Slama of New Southern Kitchen in Whiteville.
- July 23: chef Sean Fowler of Mandolin in Raleigh vs. chef Steve Zanini of Jimmy V’s in Cary.
Fire in the Triangle is part of a statewide “Iron Chef”-style cooking competition. Each night of the contest, two chefs create three dishes using a secret ingredient revealed earlier in the day. The public can pay $59-$69 to eat what the chefs prepare and help decide the winner.
Winners advance to quarterfinals, semifinals and a final, where the regional winner is announced. The winner receives $2,000 and the runner-up receives $500. The Triangle dinners are held at 1705 Prime, 1705 Millbrook Road. Tickets are available at competitiondining.com.
UPDATE: Event organizers have now added N.C. craft beer to the event, highlighting a different brewer at the dinners. Here's the schedule:
July 8-10: Mystery Brewing Company
July 15-17: Carolina Brewing Company
July 22-23: Gizmo Brew Works
July 29-30: Trophy Brewing
Aug 5-6: Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.
Aug 12-13: White Street Brewing
Aug 19-Final: Fullsteam Brewery