The Hurricanes have a 4.7 percent chance of moving up in the draft lottery, but even those slim odds will get them up only to the third position.
After finishing 24th overall, the Hurricanes have a 4.7 percent chance of picking third, an 83 percent chance of picking seventh and a 12.3 percent chance of picking eighth. (The lottery winner can move up only four spots.)
The Edmonton Oilers have a 48.2 percent chance at the first overall pick -- 25 percent on their own and 23.2 percent if a team in the 6-14 spots wins.
Versus will carry the lottery live Tuesday at 8 p.m.