A diverse group of Triangle companies, ranging from software giants Red Hat and SAS to startup Valencell, were honored by the N.C. Technology Association this week at its annual awards ceremony.
The NCTA 21 Awards were handed out Thursday at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham to companies and individuals who have demonstrated excellence.
"Year after year we continue to see a high level of excellence and innovation from the technology community in North Carolina," Brooks Raiford, NCTA's president and CEO, said in a statement.
· Best Customer Service Company: APEX Analytix
· Best Internal Implementation of Technology: Carolinas HealthCare System
· Best Product or Service Company: Epic Games
· Best Workplace Culture: LexisNexis
· Clean Technology Award: Semprius
· Corporate Impact Company: Time Warner Cable
· Emerging Company: TearScience
· Environmental Steward Company: SAS
· Fastest Growing Company: SilkRoad Technology
· Healthcare and Life Sciences Company: Medicago
· Industry Driven Technology Company: ChannelAdvisor
· Large Company: Lenovo
· Mid-Size Company: RegEd
· Most Innovative Company: Valencell
· Private Company: Bandwidth
· Public Company: SciQuest
· Small Company: Netsertive
· Software Company: Red Hat
· Public Leadership: Richard Stevens, former state senator
· Tech Exec of the Year – People's Choice: Jessie Lipson, VP & GM of Data Sharing at Citrix
· Outstanding Achievement: John McConnell